The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mac OSX Server WebDav and OF (iphone and DT) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is this working yet?

I have control of all computers - Server, laptop and iphone. I'm running sneaky peak v1.1 77.7.0.103163. on iPhone I'm running 1.1. OS on both Laptop and Server are 10.5.4.

On the laptop, I enter the address of the server which is set up for WebDAV and tell it to sync. The blue bar goes all the way across, never was asked for a password, and the blue bar hangs and the sync never completes. I can't quit the application because OF says it can't quit will a sync in is process.

What do I have to do to make this work? I've been able to successfully sync between MobilMe and both the iPhone and the Laptop. I don't want to use MobileMe long term (in demo period), but need to use my server.

Any hints?

J.

Please check for error messages in the Console.

Well, it works for me, so we need to know a little more about your configuration. Did you just turn on WebDAV? Is the URL you are trying to sync to in the main document root, in a subdirectory, or in an alias? What are you doing for certificates? Does the DNS name of your server correspond to the name in the cert?

Leopard Server's control panel can only turn on WebDAV for the document root. So, you need to use that or a subdirectory thereof for sync. The directory needs to be writable by the webserver (by default it isn't). You can use an alias, but that requires you to manually edit the server config file to add the webdav stanza to the alias configuration.

Thanks for following up on this one.

Answers are below.

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm View Post
Well, it works for me, so we need to know a little more about your configuration. Did you just turn on WebDAV?
Yes. That's all I've done is click the webDAV button in Server config->web->sites under the site I'm interested in.

Quote:
Is the URL you are trying to sync to in the main document root, in a subdirectory, or in an alias?
Main directory, I presume. All I did was specify the web server address (website).

Quote:
What are you doing for certificates? Does the DNS name of your server correspond to the name in the cert?
I'm a complete ignoramus on certs. I do not have a cert with the exact name of this particular website.

Quote:

Leopard Server's control panel can only turn on WebDAV for the document root. So, you need to use that or a subdirectory thereof for sync. The directory needs to be writable by the webserver (by default it isn't). You can use an alias, but that requires you to manually edit the server config file to add the webdav stanza to the alias configuration.
When you say writable by the webserver, do you mean by "www"? So, I just create a subdirectory of the root of the webserver then make it writable by "www"?

Looks to me like the files are being transferred over but it can't complete the transaction and verify that it was done.

J.