The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Completing actions... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Whenever I mark an action as complete I usually want to go to its project and check if there is another next action and if not then assign one.

However whenever an action is marked as complete then it disappears right away and it's not possible to quickly go to its project unless you have the view set to show completed actions also which I usually don't because when I'm working I want to see only what's available.

I still can switch view to show completed actions and find this action and go to its project but it's not very convenient and disrupts my workflow a bit.

Of course it's possible to also undo and see the action again and then go to its project.

Another way is to first go to the actions project and then mark it as complete there but it's not intuitive.

Anyone have this same issue? How do you deal with this?

I guess the solution could be to make completed action not to disappear right away after completion and maybe make them disappear after you have switched views and etc, what do you think about this?

Last edited by StevenMay; 2011-10-03 at 05:16 PM..

What are you using to view your actions before you complete them? If you want to work from a project orientation (I just did this action, what's the next action in this project?) it seems natural that you should work out of project mode, or perhaps a perspective that organizes actions by project.

Yes, if I'm completing an action in a project view then it's not a problem. However most of the time I mark actions completed in context orientation.

For example I scan my contexts and notice some action which is already done and so I mark it as complete but I can't switch to its project conveniently to add another action

I haven't got a proper answer to this but my work around is to always create a new action first and then check off the completed action.