The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus <=> Pocket Informant? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I used to own Pocket Informant (PI) for Windows Mobile, and remember how awesomely it integrates TODOs and Calendar. Now it's available for iPhone!

http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ...formant_iphone

The TODOs in GTD mode look strikingly similar to OmniFocus. But the integration into Calendar really rocks. Say what you may about GTD using Calendar in a special way, when you see PI, you feel much more in control of the whole time/todo flow.

Now they're saying that direct-to-desktop sync is being discussed with several Mac leaders, including Things and Omni. Omni guys: 'fess up! :) I'd love to see PI/iPhone sync to OF/Mac.

Furthermore, I have a feeling the PI will be a direct competitor for OF on the iPhone. PI/iPhone basically has all the same features as OF/iPhone, plus the deep Calendar integration.

Last edited by braver; 2009-11-05 at 02:44 PM..

AFAIK, we have yet to be contacted by WebIS, and there hasn't been any discussion about synching with Pocket Informant. We'll certainly let folks know if this changes!

As always, send any feature requests to omnifocus@omnigroup.com.

As an early user of both, I'd like them to sync! I'll drop a line to Alex Kac to nudge him to contact you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown View Post
AFAIK, we have yet to be contacted by WebIS, and there hasn't been any discussion about synching with Pocket Informant. We'll certainly let folks know if this changes!

As always, send any feature requests to omnifocus@omnigroup.com.
Hey :) Actually we did talk to you guys at WWDC 09 and also at MacWorld. But it wasn't officially through email or what-not.

Since we are big OmniFocus users on the desktop, actually we are very interested in being able to sync with OmniFocus and our products on BlackBerry, iPhone, and Windows Mobile.

We've also met with Cultured Code and others, but frankly if we can get OmniFocus syncing OTA preferably - we'd really be interested in being able to do that.

I can even provide some hard numbers on some of our userbase if needed. To contact me directly simply use the account name I have registered for here @ webis.net. Thanks!

I claim finder's fees in the shape of the free respective clients. :) Oh wait, I already got like all four of them (except PI/BlackBerry)... oh well.

Last edited by braver; 2009-11-06 at 02:51 PM..

Oh yes! I just actually purchased PocketInformant today having used it for many years since my Palm V. I would love to see some sort of connection between OmniFocus and PocketInformant! I'd even be willing to pay for this as an in app upgrade if it came to that!

BTW, can I be one of your beta testers? ;)

We do read the forums as we're able to do so, but folks that want to guarantee that their vote for a particular change is counted should email the support ninjas. Thanks!

Keep talking guys, and work this one out.

Pretty please :)

Yes! Support for the great Pocket Informant would be great. Steve J