The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Turning email into actions: send-to-omnifocus@omnigroup.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielandrews View Post
Very cool! I'm hoping one day for the ability (I'd gladly pay for this) to send an email to $username@omnigroup.com (or whatever) and the items would show up in your inbox on next sync. But for now, this is definitely a great first step.
I completely agree. Just like I can add anything to my Evernote account by sending an email to my unique "add to evernote" email address, it would be much better to simply be able to send an email out and it automatically be added to my Omnifocus Inbox. This just seems like twice as much work. Oh and also I would like to say again how much I would value a web interface of Omni Focus that I could use when I do not have access to my iphone or imac (which is at home).

abishepherd, you'll be happy to know that we're working on an 'email the server' option like you're requesting; no ETA yet, but we're testing it internally.

This feature is actually pretty good but it would be much more usable for me if it would keep the attachment(s) as an attachment link on the action. I realize this would sometimes result in people's signature logos etc getting attached by accident but perhaps you could work around that or offer an option to turn it on or off by the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
abishepherd, you'll be happy to know that we're working on an 'email the server' option like you're requesting; no ETA yet, but we're testing it internally.

Any updates?

Still being tested. Contact our support ninjas for more info.

Closing this thread, as we're rolling out a new Omni Sync Server feature that's a significant improvement over this method. See this thread for more info.