The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

outliner in a pinch... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've made a discovery, while lamenting the lack of OO on the iPhone. OF actually works pretty well for outlining. Simply create a new project, give your outline a name, mark it as "Single actions" with a status of "On Hold" (assuming it's not an outline of tasks) and enter your outline. On the Mac, you can even copy and paste outlines from OO. I use this for lists such as favorite restaurants and my pack list for when I travel. Cool!

-doug

hello

i am curious on how you do that:

"On the Mac, you can even copy and paste outlines from OO..."

step by step or in one single pass?

thanks

Alessandro

Go to OmniOutliner and select the rows you want to copy, then copy them. Switch to OmniFocus. Click on the row handle of the last row before where you want to insert the pasted rows, then paste. You'll get a popup window that allows you to control which columns in the OO document get mapped into which columns in OF. Set those accordingly and click OK. That's it!

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deivers View Post
I've made a discovery, while lamenting the lack of OO on the iPhone. OF actually works pretty well for outlining. Simply create a new project, give your outline a name, mark it as "Single actions" with a status of "On Hold" (assuming it's not an outline of tasks) and enter your outline. On the Mac, you can even copy and paste outlines from OO. I use this for lists such as favorite restaurants and my pack list for when I travel. Cool!

-doug
You know, there is actually a very good outlining utility for iPhone called CarbonFin Outliner. Have a look, much easier than trying to make OF act as an outliner.

http://carbonfin.com/