The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to create a perspectives with settings for both modes? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, I created a perspective in projects view and expected that I could select that perspective and then context mode to see the items in the perspective according to context. That didn't work as expected, but when I selected the contexts button, I got what I had initially expected. However, I can't reproduce results reliably enough to understand how those things work together.

So, as an example, if I create a perspective that displays all of the flagged items in a project folder, should I be able to easily toggle the view between context and project view and have all of the same items displayed?

Thanks very much for any feedback.

Happy to help, Keith - if you use the "Focus on" View menu command in project view, the results you see in the window will come from those folders/projects. However, the view menu settings from project view will not carry over to context view. (You may be seeing un-flagged items in context view, for example.)

So, the first step in getting what you want is to make sure you've focused (rather than just selected in the sidebar) the relevant items in Project view.

Next, set all your view menu options for both modes, save the perspective, and check the "also restore settings for other mode" box in the Perspectives menu. (While you're there, you can control which mode the perspective shows on open, or even tell it to always open up in a new window.)

Good question! I'm going to re-title your thread slightly, in case other folks wonder the same thing in the future.