The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Importing from MS Project issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I got a MS Project file from a colleague, but got the following result importing it into Omniplan:

On the left, on item #6, the effort is 2w, but on the right, the Gantt chart only extends for 2 days. Is there something I am missing here?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	skitched-20100624-142826.png
Views:	794
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1460  

A little bit hard to tell when we can't open the file or see the whole display. Certainly, if there are multiple resources assigned to the task, the duration can be less than the effort, but you've hidden that portion of the display. In particular, if that task has 5 full time resources assigned, it would show up as only needing 2 days duration in the Gantt chart.

If you use the Help->Send Feedback command in the program, you can send a declassified version of the file to Omni and ask them to have a look if you think something else might be going on here.