The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

File names for files dropped into action notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I drag and drop a file into a action's notes, the file's icon appears, but the file's name is not added. Especially when there is more than one file, being able to tell what that file is supposed to be is difficult without remembering to manually enter a name or description of the file. While the file name may not be a perfect description of the file, it is easily available (I presume) and would seem better than no text at all.

I could not find any discussion of this on the forum. Does anyone have advice about this minor annoyance or a pointer to what I may be missing?

-Michael
michael@followingedge.com

I remember seeing some discussion of it, but I'm feeling too lazy to look right now. :) Several people, including me, have sent feedback to Omni Group as well, so they're certainly aware of the request. However, I have no idea what the plans are for the future.

In the mean time, if you're on Leopard, you can select a file icon and hit the spacebar to preview the file with Quick Look. I'd still like to see a file name displayed with the icon, but the Quick Look trick has been holding me over for now.