The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Numbering styles currently broken Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Numbering is currently broken for imported .OO3 files (have not tested on native files created w/OO iPad).

First column numbering scheme used on OO mac remains prevalent when sorting; sorting other column views does not properly auto-update schema.

Column was sorted first using column "Purchased" on OO mac, with numbering style applied during this view. File was imported into OO iPad, results with different column sorting applied and errors in auto-update of numbering schema (incorrect order):

Column other than "Purchased", sorted by "Year":

Column other than "Purchased", sorted by "Title":

Correct order, sorted by "Purchased":

Deleting all styles from scratch, reapplying numbering scheme to Whole Document style in multiple views does not fix problem.

Only method to currently get correct auto-update of numbering in different sort instances:
1.) editing document from within OO mac
2.) selecting desired sort behavior (single columns, multiple, etc.)
3.) applying numbering style
4.) exporting to OO iPad

This will now be the the only sort behavior that still shows correctly on OO iPad, but even this schema will not auto-update properly.

Also, in certain instances, numbered styles with special suffixes, i.e. "1)." or "1.)" (not currently able to be generated from within OO iPad) will result in user unable to change numbering style (even with incorrect order bug above) whatsoever:

Have emailed OG support [OG #631597], posting here to sample other users' use of OO iPad in instances with numbering styles and this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image 2.jpeg
Views:	354
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	1889   Click image for larger version

Name:	image 3.jpeg
Views:	308
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	1890   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	288
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1891   Click image for larger version

Name:	image 6.jpeg
Views:	321
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	1892   Click image for larger version

Name:	image 7.jpeg
Views:	333
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	1893  

Last edited by analyticalbiochemist; 2011-05-16 at 08:41 PM..
OmniOutliner for iPad is in a weird position right now being partly in a transition between OmniOutliner 3 and 4 for the Mac. For sorting on the iPad, we built this to use the OO4 method of non-destructive sorting. This means you can turn off the sort and get back to the order it used to be in. This is why you are seeing the numbering out of order. We will be adding the ability to 'sort once' which will permanently change the order of the items and would then change the row numbering appropriately.

Originally Posted by analyticalbiochemist View Post
Also, in certain instances, numbered styles with special suffixes, i.e. "1)." or "1.)" (not currently able to be generated from within OO iPad) will result in user unable to change numbering style (even with incorrect order bug above) whatsoever:
Could you explain this more please. Custom prefix/suffix from the Mac should not prevent you from doing anything on the iPad.
Check out the last two screenshots. Changing numbered style to letters or anything else has no effect - including "none", no style whatsoever. Style for numbering is fixed and there is no way to change or delete.

I have only noticed this related bug in numbering styles brought over from OO Mac with appending characters ".) and ")., neither of which can currently be natively created on OO iPad, one or the other as of now. Have not tested with other random trailing characters, other than those already mentioned.
Could you send this file to us at please? I am not able to reproduce this myself. It's possible the style is being set somewhere else overriding your whole document style.
I replied via email as follows:

Yes, I have replied. As to the attachment, I deleted that file and will mail in if issue crops up again. As per his suggestion as to the potential problem, there was a single style within the document, and the numbering style which would not update was on "Whole Document", the only style present (one of the first steps I took to troubleshoot myself). Again, as per the two last screenshots which clearly show the problem, selecting the different numbering style options had absolutely no effect.

A further question based on Post 2 in this thread: since Ken Case has stated that OmniOutliner licenses bought via the App Store or OmniGroup direct will upgrade for free to OO 4, I assume the timeline for release is fairly soon?

I will wait for numbering support for imported OO mac files once 4.0 is released, thank you for the assistance.

Last edited by analyticalbiochemist; 2011-05-17 at 09:47 PM..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Diagram styles with different styles TimBonnici OmniGraffle Extras 0 2013-04-11 07:59 AM
Continuing numbering using legal outline numbering ianpiper OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 3 2011-08-17 12:33 PM
Hierarchical numbering vs flat numbering and sorting womich OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 1 2007-09-06 02:28 PM
Row numbering zav OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 2 2007-08-21 02:45 PM
question on row numbering FredH OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 0 2006-06-12 01:00 PM

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.