The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Can you sort actions by date within a project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to sort actions by due date within a project? I've tried clicking on the column, but it doesn't do anything. I've resorted to re-ordering things by hand, but that is a pain. I have my project set to parallel.

Also, is there any way to have dates be displayed in a relative way, like "Today", "Tomorrow", etc?

kman
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman42 View Post
Is there any way to sort actions by due date within a project? I've tried clicking on the column, but it doesn't do anything. I've resorted to re-ordering things by hand, but that is a pain. I have my project set to parallel.
There is if you are using the version 1.1 sneakypeeks. It's not available in 1.0.x. If you don't want to run beta software, just wait for the 1.1 release.

Quote:
Also, is there any way to have dates be displayed in a relative way, like "Today", "Tomorrow", etc?
Not yet. If you want this feature, send feedback to Omni via the Help menu. That's the way to get your request in their database.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
There is if you are using the version 1.1 sneakypeeks. It's not available in 1.0.x. If you don't want to run beta software, just wait for the 1.1 release.
I'm running 1.1 so that I can sync (which actually kinda works :) ), but I don't see where to do this. Can you enlighten me?

Thanks!
 
Edit -> Sort
 
Note also that you have to select all the actions to be sorted before this menu command is available. (Command-click is your friend.)
__________________
Cheers,

Curt
 
I have not 1.1
I use 1.0.3

If I open a window with one projekt with 10 actions I cannot sort this actions on base of due date.
I have select all 10 actions.
I have the the view buttons in top of window and use the second button from left with some sort criterions.

Make I a mistake, is that a bug or don't I understand the behavior of OF?

Jochen
 
jochen: The sorting you're finding is for sorting the projects themselves.
Sorting within a project is not available in 1.0.3. We added this feature in 1.1.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
jochen: The sorting you're finding is for sorting the projects themselves.
Sorting within a project is not available in 1.0.3. We added this feature in 1.1.
Thanks

So I think it's not a good behavior.

If the the actions not marked, the sort commands are not available.

If I mark the actions, the sort commands are available.

I'm waiting to the next version.

Jochen
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project perspective that shows all sequential actions but no actions before start date? enigma2k OmniFocus 1 for Mac 2 2012-11-22 03:48 AM
How to control behavior of repeating+flagged actions? How to sort by due date? enderland OmniFocus 1 for Mac 4 2011-10-20 11:41 AM
request: in planning mode: sort actions by due date/... spookyt OmniFocus 1 for Mac 1 2008-01-10 08:21 AM
sort by due date in project view dave256 OmniFocus 1 for Mac 3 2007-09-08 06:32 AM
Sort Actions by Due Date ? snpower OmniFocus 1 for Mac 3 2007-08-14 05:55 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.