The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OF2 first impression :-( Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Having bought the new version today I was quite disappointed spending my first 30 minutes with it.

- The home screen is now fixed and I cannot seem get the things that are useless for me out of the way.
- Previous obvious functions are now "hidden" (views, back to home as long tap now).
- List entries everywhere now take way too much space (despite removing the interface elements in the previous point). My most used next-action perspective now displays 7 entries rather than 10.
- List entries are not differentiated enough. Previously the bold text would make each entry stand out.
- Location-based contexts seem to not work reliably. Suddenly actions are not available, thought they are happily included in the same perspective in the OF1.
- Got multiple crashes trying to go from task to its project.
- Textexpander not integrated (it says in the app description but, nevertheless, quite a omission).

Overall no happy I spent money on this at the moment. It looks much nicer for sure but is at the same time much less functional and less visually structured much it difficult to use.

Also, given this state, the statement from Ken to freeze any OF1 development I cannot really appreciate.

--
Sven

TextExpander have issues of their own - iOS7 has broken the way snippets are shared and they've only recently issued a fix that other developers need to adopt.