The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

assign keyword shortcut with bookmark Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When adding a bookmark, I propose that there should be a field for you to assign a keyword shortcut.

The title of the bookmark is already a keyword? Do you mean to assign additional keywords?

EDIT: spelling

This feature is already present. If you press command-D the bookmark addition sheet will appear where you can select the location to save the bookmark and rename it. There is also a "Note" field. If you enter text there, it is searched as one of the identifiers for a bookmark when you type in the URL bar:

You mean notes are searchable in the bookmark window? It doesn't have the same function as a keyword. I'm talking about typing it in the location bar.

No, I mean it is the same in the Location bar.

The URL finder in OmniWeb is equivalent to Spotlight. It doesn't matter what you type in the URL location bar - OmniWeb will find the text if it is present in any one of many places and display the URLs for any pages that fit the criteria:

1) anywhere in the URL
2) anywhere in the title of the page/bookmark
<edit>3) if it is in history/cache, anywhere in the content of the page<edit> I'm not sure if this is true now... I've just realised that the reason why a site that appeared in a search I did recently was found because it had my search term in its notes and I hadn't realised that until now... I thought it was searching the cache. Doh!
4) anywhere in the notes

You can type multiple keywords to narrow down the search.

Last edited by JKT; 2006-11-28 at 02:18 PM..

I see what you mean, so it will appear in the drop-down list. It's still not the same as a keyword though. I want to give it, say, a two-letter keyword that will bring it up immediately, otherwise you might be doing a lot of scrolling. It's not that big a deal, I can set the keyword in the bookmark window, it would just be a convenience to do it while adding the bookmark in some cases.

Well, if you use a letter combo containing one or more of the rarer letters, such as qz, zx, etc, then you will only get a few hits in the list at most anyway. Whether that is useful or not would depend on how many bookmarks you want to do this for and how well you remember things.

I made this request as well, here:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=1120

Make sure you send a proper request through email via Help>Send Feedback - the more requests the more hope it'll be implemented.