The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Bonjour sync
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bonjour sync: Same wifi or same local network? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please, excuse my English.

I have my Omnifocus database in my iMac that is wired by ethernet to my gigaLAN. Actually I have to start airport in that iMac to connect to my Wifi every time I want to sync with my Omnifocus-iPod.

With airport deactivated, if both machines are in the same local network (198.162.0.X) and both are using Bonjour... Why they can't communicate?.

Am I having a mistake?.

Off the top of my head, it sounds like there's a router or some other device that's bridging the wired connection to the wireless connection. If that device is running a firewall, it could be preventing the iPhone from contacting your iMac.

If that's the case, a direct wireless-to-wireless connection would bypass that firewall, allowing the iPhone to sync.