The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will sandboxing shut down inter-app applescript ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'll be watching these matters with lots of concern. I haven't hung out here in these forums as much lately, but enough in the last few years to know that I'm not the only one that would be affected greatly by the worst-case scenario here.

The scriptability of OmniFocus has enabled me to establish workflows that are engrained into my daily life. I have almost two dozen scripts. I use about 20% of them multiple times daily, and a subset of those, more than once/hour (one of them, even when I'm sleeping, actually - via cron). :-)

I think I may have been missing the point of this thread.

Sandboxing shouldn't be a threat to the scriptability of apps, should it? Per the thread's title, we're concerned about *inter-app* scripting only, right?

As far as *capture* goes - I use scripts for capture from Safari (capture all open tabs into OF), Twitterific, and Mail, and I'm thinking about Dialectic. I suppose capture can still be accomplished using the omnifocus:// URL scheme, but I don't think it would accommodate capturing more than one thing at once.