The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

New to Omnifocus, some questions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi all!

I just got Omnifocus. Was using Things before, but they are to slow in develpment and I'm a bit pissed off..

Omnifocus is looking good so far and I think it is not so difficult to get into it, but there are some open questions for me:

Start and due date. That is fine for me, but I donīt see a big difference if I set the visibility to "next action" or "available"

Next thing is the reminder function. It makes no sense for me: reminding me on due dates (via calendar) is to late. It would be better to get a reminder on the start date or do I get something wrong? For an example: I need to do some documentation and I know, it will take arround 2 days (it is part of a project). So I set the start date to Monday next week and the due date to Wednesday afternoon, because the documents have to be finished by Wednesday afternoon, to send them out for a review. Getting a reminder on due date, it is way to late to do anything then.. Getting a reminder when I should start would be better, because maybe I'm focussed on something else and forgot it..

I saw I can set a reminder for due dates, mine is set to 3 days so if I have to do a task in between the 3 days, lets say in 2 days and save it, I will not get a reminder, right?

Next is the location based reminder. Not tested yet, but what do get reminded then? Tasks/Actions have to be done, because they starting/started today or again only the ones with a due date in the next days?

Many thanks in advance!

brasax