The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tab Preferences not working for me in Beta Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all

It doesn't seem to matter how I set my tab prefs in 5.5, they always open in a new window. I have tried all the different combinations I can think of but always get the same result.

EDIT: For clarification, I'm talking about opening links in new tabs...just read this back and it wasn't clear before:)

Is there something obvious I might be missing, or is this a known bug :confused:

OW is stored in my Users:Applications folder. I had an earlier version there which I've overwritten

I'm running 10.4.7 on a PPC 20" G5

Any ideas?!

Thanks a lot:)

Last edited by cjedj; 2006-07-13 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: Clarification

Hmm, it sounds like you're clicking on links that are set by the site to open in new windows rather than the same window. Only the second type of links (links that open in the same window) will follow this preference. We hope to improve on this in the future!

Didn't work for me, either. Everything is okay back in 5.1.3. I'm using a BlackBook, OS 10.4.7.

I agree with Troy. The solution for now is to drag the links whose pages are opening in a new windows instead of tabs and drop them in the tab drawer.