The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Disappearing Scrollbar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I´ve noticed recently, when viewing pictures larger than the main OW window, that sometimes OW does´nt show the scrollbar. Example:

http://fotal.pl/system/modules/showe...0/P9160026.jpg

shows up on my macbook w/o scrollbars.

When dragging the picture to the desktop and displaying the local file - scrollbar shows up.

Known Bug?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	direkt.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	103   Click image for larger version

Name:	lokal.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	104  

What happens if you resize the window horizontally--does the scroll bar show up then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
What happens if you resize the window horizontally--does the scroll bar show up then?
Len, I tried that; the scrollbar did not show up.

HOWEVER: I just clicked on the link in my own post above to try it out - and guess what? The scrollbar did show up. So maybe just a quirk, odd nonetheless.

This happens to me too. On regular websites, the other day I couldnt see the scrollbar on digg.com and a few other sites. I had to restart OW to get it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josue Salazar
This happens to me too. On regular websites, the other day I couldnt see the scrollbar on digg.com and a few other sites. I had to restart OW to get it back.

Hi, first post just to repost this bug. Happens to me too quite frequently. I'd load a webpage that exceeds the viewing limit and then it loads without a scrollbar. I thus then have to quit OW and reload it. Then it works fine. Nonetheless, quite irritating!

Do you have any input managers, hacks or haxies installed that might interfere with the window display (e.g. a theme-switching tool or Windowshade X)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Do you have any input managers, hacks or haxies installed that might interfere with the window display (e.g. a theme-switching tool or Windowshade X)?
Nope, nothing. Just OW how it came.

I downgraded to OmniWeb 5.5 (v607)..

I'll test it more tomorrow..... maybe it's just the beta that's acting up with the scrollbar ::crosses fingers::

Blah, it does it with this version as well. Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasko
Nope, nothing. Just OW how it came.
I think was JKT was asking was if you've installed anything on your system which may be causing an issue. You can still be using "just OW how it came" and have a so-called "haxie" causing issues since it's installed on your system and now OW. You might try creating a new user and seeing if the problem persists there.