The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Flagged View on Home Screen and Blocked Actions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I cannot recall if this is something new in 1.8.2 or has always worked this way and I never encountered the situation before. For the most part, I use my own context perspectives on the iPhone instead of the built-in views on the main screen, but I noticed the behavior below today.

I have 3 tasks remaining in a sequential project, all tasks are flagged. The first (next) action (Task1) in the project has a future start date and the the two dependent tasks (Task2 & Task3) do not have a start date. All tasks have the same context assigned.

On the iPhone, the preference is set to show available tasks in context mode. When I look in the Flagged view from the home screen, the view shows Task2 and Task3 (displayed in gray text to indicate that they are unavailable). Task1 is not displayed at all. Why is it that an assigned start date in the future causes Task1 to be hidden, yet the sequential nature of the project does not hide Task2 and Task3 in this view?

Second scenario related to the above-if I remove the individual flags from the tasks and flag the project, the Flagged view now shows:

Task2
Task3
Parent Project>
>>Task1
>>Task2
>>Task3

Why does the view now show Task1, as a set from the project, but does not show Task1 in the primary screen of the Flagged view?

One final thought on the overall design, assuming for the moment that Task1 did show in all views with Task2 and Task3, is there a reason why tasks with inherited flagged status appear in this view twice? Logically, I would think that the initial view of the Flagged screen would show all tasks and projects with an assigned flagged status, and all tasks that have an inherited flagged status would show as a sub-set of the project.

Last edited by Greg Jones; 2010-12-20 at 02:23 AM..