The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mix portrait and landscape canvases? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I've got a multi-canvas document where all canvases are best shown in Landscape. Now in the middle of them I want to add a canvas that must be Portrait. Googling this, I find in various locations (including on OmniGraffle's web site) the following blurb: "Canvases can be different sizes, and can be rotated 90° when printed, so you can mix landscape and portrait modes."

I don't see how to rotate just one canvas 90° when printing, but even if I did, I would have to lay out my diagram on its side while working in its landscape orientation. So everything I plop down on the canvas would have to be rotated, say 90° counter-clockwise while I was composing the diagram, then at printing time I would have to rotate the canvas 90° clockwise.

Is there an easier way that I'm missing?

Thanks!

You can change orientation for a particular canvas in the Canvas: Size Inspector. Keep in mind that this only changes the dimensions of the canvas itself, and not its printing orientation, which is a document setting.

That does the trick. Thanks Joel.