The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Automator / AppleScript HTML Export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a task list that I maintain locally in OO3. I would like to publish that list daily with a script of some sort as part of my nightly maintenance script run. The only part of that workflow that I'm needing help with is the exporting part.

I've searched the forums and the SDK, and it would appear that exporting to HTML via AppleScript is not supported. I'm not really tied to HTML, although it is the most convenient format.

My question to the group, then, is if anyone can suggest a good way to accomplish automated publication of an OO3 document to something a browser can read.

Many thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve-

You can export to any of the exportable options with AppleScript. If you run the script:

tell application "OmniOutliner"
writable document types
end tell

It will tell you all the formats you can use with the Save command

So you can do:

save as "com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner.SimpleHTMLExport/HTML" in <path>