The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

task sync with I cal Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am looking at OF to use as my GTD program. For work I have to sync some tasks thru ical into some other programs. Does OF allow me to choose what tasks get sync'd or does it just do them all? Do I have a choice as to which ical calendar I can associate them with?

Thanks
gboheman

By default, you get available actions synced to iCal, though there is an option to synchronized blocked and/or completed actions as well. OmniFocus allows (well, requires) you to select which calendar will be associated with a given context.

One thing worth noting is that tasks get inserted into the calendar as To Do entries, not as regular calendar entries. You can convert those entries into regular calendar entries by dragging them into the calendar view, but you lose the ability to sync any changes made to those entries back to OmniFocus, and they won't be updated if you change the corresponding OmniFocus action.