The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filtering by "Due Today" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I know that the OmniFocus preferences panel allows adjustments to the time window of "Due Soon", ranging from 24hrs to a week.

I would also like to have a perspective displaying all my tasks that are due today, i.e. on the current calendar day from 00:00am until 23:59pm.

An alternative (perhaps easier to implement?) would be to allow shorter time windows for "Due Soon", e.g. 12 or 14 hours.

Is anything like this currently possible? Perhaps a hidden preference in the plst files? Any chance we may see such a feature in the future?

Thank you.

Last edited by macula; 2010-05-13 at 11:56 PM.. Reason: Added alternative solution.

The built-in "due" perspective displays all "due soon" and "overdue" items and groups them by due date. If you have items due today, a "due today" grouping is displayed. You can then simply collapse the groupings you're not interested in.

Does that do the trick?

-Dennis

Thanks, Dennis. That helps but does not fully address my concern because it only works when tasks in the perspective are grouped by due date. I was instead hoping to have such filtering-out functionality available in all perspectives.

I have the same problem but mainly with "start today". I think there's a case for a couple of check boxes in Perspectives... "Started" and "Due". That way you'd be able to have a Perspective with any permutation of other filtering, grouping, sorting, etc, but only see those items that have a start date/time (unless it is a future date/time) and/or those items that are due according to the definition established in prefs.
Like many people, I use Start dates to create lists of the things I want to do at any particular time (usually "Today") but I don't want to have to always work out of a Perspective that is grouped by Start Date.