The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I change background/text color, fonts, and styles? [Colour] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Regarding styles, I think this should be set in one place only, and not changeable while working within the main window. My rationale is this: OF is not an application for presentations to others. It is something we use for ourselves. Some of us might like to have next actions as green instead of purple, or italics instead of bold. I say... knock yourself out, but set it in the application preferences. Once you've got it set up, those colours and styles all have very specific meanings to you. The last thing you want is to be changing those meanings while you're quickly editing and mistakenly hit a wrong key combination.

Global styles, yeah!!!

Please, yes! I'm hoping such a style editor is part of the post-1.0 updates. It would be especially handy to know all of the formats we could change (next actions, available actions, blocked actions, etc.).

As the title. I can't find anything in the help ( even with us spelling) and Trying it has just made a mess of the interface....surely an inspector would help...meanwhile anyone?

Format menu > Font > Show Fonts (or just Cmd-T) will bring up the window. Next to the underline and strikethrough buttons are buttons that will bring up color choosers for text and background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbleisure View Post
surely an inspector would help...
For 1.1, we're considering adding some preferences to control colors and other styles.

I'd appreciate this.

I think it would be good if I could simply choose one global font-size for tasks instead of changing the styles of different types of tasks individually.

I'd also like the option to choose alternate row coloring.

Quote:
For 1.1, we're considering adding some preferences to control colors and other styles.
That would be very good. I followed the cmd-T route before I posted to to be honest even though I am familiar with using font colours this way it was confusing. ie not clear whether it changed all projects/actions and I couldn't follow what it was doing.

Updated the title of this thread to have some more keywords to make it easier to find as it does explain the current process for changing the color, font, and other style attributes in OmniFocus, and how we're looking to change this.

A "restore defaults" button would be nice.
The current font and background color controls are extremely quirky, and the results are unexpected and messy. Example: "Document Color" doesn't change the background of the window pane, but instead only changes the color of background line for the text. I've made a total visual mess out of my window, and can't find any way to start from scratch except for deleting the preferences - which will lose other settings.

Last edited by Dan; 2008-02-12 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: title did not appear

Until there is some sort of style inspector, restore defaults button, etc...

I took a look at ~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.plist and ... while I definitely don't want to delete that whole file, would it be possible to replace one specific section of it? (For example, I'm guessing the 'BlockedStyle' portion)

I just ran into this same issue today - accidentally hit 'Bold' and now none of the Project headings are bold, etc.

Thanks...