The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Would love to see iPhone speech to text feature. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would love to see an iPhone speech-to-text feature added to OmniFocus. I often think of items I would like to put in my inbox when I'm in the car or on my way to a meeting. In both of these circumstances the on-screen keyboard is difficult, if not impossible, to use. The program is great, but a speech-to-text feature would make this the ultimate productivity program.

OmniFocus does have the ability to record voice notes, using the "Record Audio" button in the details screen of a new action, if that helps. I think we have a feature request for a bigger button and/or some sort of 'new item/new photo/new voice note' picker with bigger buttons filed; if that would help, be sure to email the support ninjas and let them know. They can vote that up on your behalf.

It's possible that Apple could add Text-to-speech capabilities to the iPhone OS which OmniFocus could then take advantage of. But it would be extremely difficult for us to write a feature like that all by ourselves, and you'd only be able to use it in OmniFocus.

Letting Apple know this is something you'd like to see added, by using this form, means you'd get the ability to use it in OmniFocus, Mail, and other iPhone applications as well. Thanks!

I've been using a free ReQall account for the speech to text feature to send myself action/project emails. On my way to work I've recorded as many as 15 separate email actions. When I get to the office is when I usually process my inbox using the quick entry box in OF for Mac.