The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pages load only partially at launch Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On my home machine I have a problem that at start I have to manually refresh almost all pages, the pages load only partially or not at all. I have an automatically saved workspace with half a dozen windows containing maybe forty pages. The odd thing is that on my work machine there is no such problem. Both are Intel-based laptops, my home machine a bit slower. The connection at home is a bit slower, too (4M compared to 20M at work), but that shouldn't make too much difference. The biggest difference with the two installations is that at home I have a lot of saved bookmarks reminding me of some problem of old due to large number of bookmarks (the details escape me). Have to try that (didn't yet), but the problem remains…

I've seen this too. Try clearing your caches. Recently ran AppleJack and the problem has gone away.

You might also try making OmniWeb take longer before it times out when loading a page since you have a lot of tabs to open.

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 OWLoadTimeout -int 180

Open a terminal window and run this command. The number at the end is the time before it times out a process in seconds (3 minutes by default). Just change that to whatever you like and see if things work better for you.