The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any way to set due date relative to availability date? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been trying various things, so far with no luck.

I'd like to set an action that is currently sequential to another to have a due date relative to the time it becomes available.

In other words, assuming I have a sequential project with actions:
  • First action
  • Second action

I'd like "Second action" to have a due date 3 days after I complete "First action". One place this commonly comes up is if I have a Waiting action. "Once I get the email from Bob about what he wants in the TPS report, I need to file my TPS report within 3 days."

I've tried +3d and such under "due", but that just makes dates relative to the current date. Any ideas, or is this a feature request?

Feature request. There was a thread on it a couple of months back.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Feature request. There was a thread on it a couple of months back.
Do you mean it's a feature request that was already made, or that I should make a feature request? (How does one make a feature request? Just send feedback?)

The feature request has been made, but you should make it also if it is important to use. OG counts feature requests and bug reports as a way of prioritizing work. Just use Help --> Send Feedback to submit a request or bug report.

Curt