The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

edit dates don't change status [Bug: will be fixed, scheduled for 1.5.4] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
if i have an existing note with a end date, and later change it, it does not change the event's status. so if the activity is Overdue, and i change the date to, say next week, the date does not change in the Overdue list screen. i can go to the detail window and it show's next week's date. and then when i quit, the badge number still counts that activity as Overdue.

this was not an issue in previous versions. once you changed the date, it would disappear out of the Overdue list, and the badge would correctly not add it to the number of Overdue items.

Apologies for the trouble this is causing: it's a known issue, and a fix is scheduled for the next update. (I don't have info on when that release might go out, I'm afraid.)

fantastic! i will look forward to the next release. thanks for the reply.

I am running 1.7.3 desktop and the latest version on my iPhone and when I change the due dates, it does not move it out of over due or whatever category had been showing. Did this get addressed in the latest version as shown above?

Are you sure you have the latest version on your iPhone? As of this writing, that's 1.5.3. You can check it at the bottom of the Settings page.

If I turn on the display of overdue items on the dock, then go to the Overdue folder and change the due date on one of the actions there to be in the future (not overdue), the counter on the Overdue category goes down by 1 when I go back to OmniFocus' main screen, and when I quit OmniFocus and return to the iPhone/iPod dock/main screen, the badge there is adjusted correctly as well.

Are you possibly changing the due date on an action that is in a project that also has a due date? You can't effectively set the action's due date to be later than the project's due date; it will be treated as if it is set to the project's due date.

this is still an issue for me. kind of a pain really. look forward to this REALLY being fixed. thanks guys!

If I remember correctly, the iPhone OS 3.1.1 update caused a few problems that we wanted to respond to quickly, so some of the fixes that were originally scheduled for the 1.5.3 release didn't make it in.

This is still on our radar screen, though - apologies for the inconvenience it's causing. I'll edit the title to make it more accurate.