The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Crossing lines in flowcharts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello, I just started using OmniGraffle having used Visio for a long time. I would like my line crossings to be illustrated more clearly, like these:

http://nielsolson.us/images/LineCrossings.svg

How can I do that in OmniGraffle?

In the Lines and Shape Inspector there's a popup menu for controlling a good variety of line hops for the selected line.

Hope that helps,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
In the Lines and Shape Inspector there's a popup menu for controlling a good variety of line hops for the selected line.

Hope that helps,
Thanks for the line hops tip. However, I'm finding that when I try to hop over two lines, only the first hop has the jump semi-circle--the second one just intersects. Any setting that I'm missing here?

It's quite likely that the second line (the one that's not getting hopped over) is in front of the line that you want to have hop. Either send one line to the back or bring the one with the hops to the front and all should be well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
It's quite likely that the second line (the one that's not getting hopped over) is in front of the line that you want to have hop. Either send one line to the back or bring the one with the hops to the front and all should be well.
Problem solved! Thanks