The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

memory leaks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi everyone,

This program acts very strange once in awile. In time of active use it simply eats memory like crazy. Is it normal for OmniWeb users to start it and close after visiting few website? Most of the time I keep browser on as long as machine is up and running, with occasional reboots for the box after security upgrades from Apple. With OmniWeb I'm forced to take snapshots and re-start the program when ram usage is up to 500Mb active and 1Gb+ virtual.

My main concern is that such a hole could potentially be exploited for buffer overflow by unnamed malicious website. I can continue using Lynx+Safari combo, but many small things makes OmniWeb better potential #1 browser than Safari, if such problems will be addressed.

Best,
dustman