The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scrolling to bottom of the page Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey all,

I love OmniWeb, but it breaks one of my oft-used habits: going to a forum thread or blog post and scrolling to the bottom of the page to read the latest. Clearly this is because Apple + up/down changes tabs instead of scrolling the page.

Anyone solved this, or have an behaviourally equivalent tip to share? I'd love it if Omnigroup could make an alternative Cmd + shift + up/down to change tabs so I could use top/bottom scrolling.

Can't you use the System Preferences keyboard shortcuts pane to put the OmniWeb functions on the keys you prefer? I haven't tried it, but this seems like the reason for such functionality.

Which blog software puts the latest stuff at the bottom? I hardly read everything under the sun, but I'm having a hard time thinking of any blog I read that doesn't have the latest post at the top! Comments on an article may be a different story, but I can only think of one blog I read for the quality of the comments instead of the quality of the posts :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Which blog software puts the latest stuff at the bottom?
I meant comments, I wasn't having a great morning. :)

I'll get back to you about the Universal keyboard stuff--I was hoping to avoid that, but we'll see how we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Can't you use the System Preferences keyboard shortcuts pane to put the OmniWeb functions on the keys you prefer? I haven't tried it, but this seems like the reason for such functionality.
Works perfectly, cheers. For the record, I mapped Shift + Apple + Up/Down to change tabs.

I'm assuming you're using a laptop.

With a full size keyboard I use: page down, page up, home(top of the page), end (bottom of the page).

Those keys are on a laptop keyboard too, just hold the function key (fn) down and press left for home right for end.