The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Selection bubble no longer works: Strange! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is very strange. Now when I try to Select or Select All in Omnifocus, the round bubble appears, but then disappears without giving me any word choices. This selection bubble is working in my other apps, and it was working in OF until about twenty minutes ago.

AND when i press and hold on the title of a Project, the bubble appears but it disappears without showing me any choices.

Whato you think this means?

Thank you.

I have an iPad 2, version 4.3.3

Last edited by Janja; 2011-09-27 at 11:12 AM..

Now the Info box in my Projects and Tasks is doing the same thing I said in my first post about selecting text. I press and hold. The bubble comes up, but it is blank, does not give me any choices.

Now this is getting serious. I sent an email to the Omnipresent Group, but maybe I should send an "urgent" email this time!

Anyone have any ideas?

Whpalmer4 said: What generation of iPad do you have, 1 or 2? And which version of iOS are you running? I occasionally saw problems on my 1 where the app apparently ran out of memory and stopped responding to certain taps. Restarting the iPad would fix it. iPad 2 has more memory available to apps and I haven't noticed this happening there.

Thanks so much, whpalmer. I finally got Omnifocus on the phone, and they told me to reboot, which fixed it. I have an iPad 2, but still had this problem.

They said the problem with the selection bubbles for text is a problem in my iPad. They said the problem with the bubbles for the Info box is a bug in Omnifocus. He simply had me reboot the iPad. That solved both problems, but he saidthee Info box may still be buggy, in which case you can try tapping once, then tap and hold. I have not had this problem after the reboot, but someone else may. He said these are pretty rare problems.