The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cisco Universal (iOS and MacOS) stencils Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've uploaded Cisco stencils to Graffletopia for consumption.

Information Page:
http://graffletopia.com/stencils/682/

Cisco's vector shapes from http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac50/ac47/2.html converted from individual color EPS files (last updated May 2010) to allow use with the iOS and the Mac OS release of OmniGraffle.

There are 293 shapes in this stencil.

OmniGraffle for the Mac will display these in full vector while the current iOS release (at the time of this writing) will display these in raster when used however sending the diagram to a Mac clearly indicates the shapes are still in full vector format.

For reference of each shape use http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac50/ac47/PDF_icons.zip

All images are freely available from Cisco and are likely copyrighted or trademarks of Cisco.

It took me nearly 10 hours total figure out and get each shape into a useable image format (while still in their original vector form) for the iPad release. This was a pain but worked out very well and I have just made my first diagram with them. My goal was to use all of the same stencils for every network diagram I create and find the Cisco stencils to be the most encompassing set.

Please drop a line of you found these useful.

Last edited by theproto; 2011-02-19 at 07:13 AM..

Super!

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMenakerm View Post
I've been making an attempt to Achieve access to this site for a while. I was utilizing IE then when I tried Firefox, it labored just fantastic?
Were you able to download the stencils eventually? I have been using them for all my projects and am very pleased with the outcome.

I use Safari and simply copy them to my iPad through iTunes after unzipping them. I have also installed them through iDisk while zipped.

@theproto,

the forum has been hit by "cabbage soup diet" spammers the last few days. Our "friend" RandyMenakerm is one of them, and has been posting the same message over and over on various threads here. If you google his account name, you'll find other boards that he has spammed with similar messages.

As one of the authors of cisco's very first network management product, I did download your stencil and drew a network diagram for old time's sake :-) Our product did network device discovery via routing table snooping, and used something that looked like an early version of OmniGraffle to display the results after the user drew the diagram. Geez, that was 20 years ago! Happy to have reclaimed almost all of the memory cells once used for storing knowledge of things like ASN.1 and SNMP tables...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproto View Post
I use Safari and simply copy them to my iPad through iTunes after unzipping them. I have also installed them through iDisk while zipped.
As of OG for iPad version 1.3, you can search Graffletopia directly from the Stencil menu, and download your finds straight to the iPad. There's even some machinery to suppress display of stencils which are known not to work well, or at all, on the iPad.