The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clip-O-Tron in OS 10.6.7 problem [Solved: Re-install via Preferences] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have installed the latest Snow Leopard upgrade and now have lost OF as a Service and my shortcut keys for adding an Email to OF no longer works!

How do I restore the Service?

PRH

When launching Mail it complains that the OF plugin is not compatible and that Omni must fix it. It seems like we need to wait for an update of OF …

Mail does this every time there's an upgrade - I guess that 10.6.7 includes some Mail-related stuff.

I've just re-enabled the Clip-O-Tron from OF preferences, and it seems to work fine.

If the Service has gone, perhaps going to the Services Preferences will let you re-enable it. Open System Preferences, then choose Keyboard, and select the Keyboard Shortcuts tab. Services is listed down the left, and selecting it gives you the list of possible Services on the right.

Re-enabling the Clip-o-Tron has resolved it!

Thank you nick101!

Peter H

So I just updated Apple Mail in a bid to try and get filtered searches working in the search bar (e.g. "From:bob@timbuktu.com") which, though working on home on exactly the same OS (10.6.7) still doesn't work on my work machine...

Anyhow, the Apple Mail update has now disabled the OmniFocus messaging ability, so I can no longer create tasks derived from emails - pretty much a now essential part of my productivity workflow. Any ETA on when this incompatibility will be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp52 View Post
So I just updated Apple Mail in a bid to try and get filtered searches working in the search bar (e.g. "From:bob@timbuktu.com") which, though working on home on exactly the same OS (10.6.7) still doesn't work on my work machine...

Anyhow, the Apple Mail update has now disabled the OmniFocus messaging ability, so I can no longer create tasks derived from emails - pretty much a now essential part of my productivity workflow. Any ETA on when this incompatibility will be fixed?
It's fixed already. You need to uninstall/reinstall the service. I forget the exact step, but it's been asked and answered about 10x in this forum so have a quick search.

Note this will happen EVERY TIME Mail is updated. So pretty much every time an OS X update comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp52 View Post

You can probably uninstall or reinstall Cliptron from OF preference panel to see if that works. This has typically worked for me in the past.

Apple Mail 4.6? The latest release is 4.5. Are you running a beta OS?

Ken