The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forecast View? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Why is it taking forever to get something as simple as forecast view on the Mac. We have had it for ages on iOS, why not on the Mac? Seems that you could have added it into an incremental release anytime you wanted to. So I don't understand why we are getting all this other software and still don't have Forecast view. Is it time to separate Omnifocus into a product group of its own? So it can get some resources and keep some of the money it is making.

OmniFocus 2 for Mac has a forecast view. However, due to some unexpected delays, OmniFocus 2 is not ready to ship yet.

Could those delays be related to updates to iOS for software we didn't need?

Like OmniFocus 2 for the iPhone which as far I can see only provides Omni with revenue, and Mr Ive with validation, it does nothing for the me other than provide a confusing and cluttered screen and much reduced user experience.

Mr Ive, who is obviously very thoughtful man, seems to have forgotten that you can clarify and simplify only tasks and functions that are simple. Very easy for Apple since almost all of their apps offer very little sophisticated functionality. But companies like Omni might like to be a little more thoughtful then Mr. Ive and not blindly follow Apple wherever they may go. The people Mr. Ive has to please are very different to those that Omni has to please.

Forecast View should have shown up 6 months ago or more. It feels a little like Omni has forgotten there are real users out here and we need to do work.