The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webkit and Scripts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Certain pages have scripts that slow down Safari and OW dramatically. I think this is another one
http://themes.wordpress.net/?view_ty...nt_per_page=32

How is this issue being addressed by Apple? I think we all know that www.expedia.com is simply not navigable in Webkit.

Without being a regular user of either site, it is difficult to know what you mean. A very quick browse around expedia.com didn't prove at all problematic to me... what am I missing? The wordpress site didn't appear to render correctly (the buttons were overlaying the thumbnails) but speed didn't seem to be a problem. Note - I didn't have time to try out e.g. Firefox for comparison...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
Without being a regular user of either site, it is difficult to know what you mean. A very quick browse around expedia.com didn't prove at all problematic to me... what am I missing?
On the home page, when type in the "leaving from" then tab to "going to" I get a SBB. That said, it used to be MUCH worse and I don't experience any issues in WebKit nor Safari. I had actually quit using a Mac to surf expedia.