The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is it a good idea to move to 1.5rc2 ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Folks :

Don't mean to doubt on Omnigroup solid programming skills (Omni* products ROCK in terms of stability !!!!!!!!) but, when I receive a "upgrade to this new version" and the new version has a "rcX" at the end (from my experience in the Linux world, where rcX sometimes means "beware unless you are a beta") and kind of "let's wait until the version has a stable version" (no rcX)

Am I missing something here ?

What is the meaning (in terms of users confidence) of rcX ?

Should I upgrade without doubts ? (1.0.3 is VERY stable so far)

Saludos

This thread discusses the stability of 1.5rc2. This thread explores an observed behavior of 1.5rc2 and offers a workaround.

Are there features in 1.5 that you want or need to use right now? If not, the final release should be out soon enough and you can upgrade at that point with a bit more assurance. If there are features you want or need, it is quite solid now, though I expect we'll see 1.5 rc 3 before 1.5 ships. Because of the database format change, you can't easily go back to 1.0.3 after you try 1.5, so the most conservative approach would be to stay at 1.0.3 until 1.5 ships if 1.0.3 provides the tools you need.

Thanks a lot guys !

1.0.3 does it for me so far ... I guess no need to migrate for the moment !

Saludos