The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Perspective question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm wondering if the perspective I want to create is possible. I'm guessing it's not; if so I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has any ideas to implement something close to it.

I'd like to be able to have a perspective that shows Flagged actions, including Flagged actions in On Hold contexts, but NOT INCLUDING Flagged actions with start dates that haven't been met yet.

To clarify why I'd like to have this view, here's my workflow:

-On Sunday night, I go through projects mode and flag anything that I want to focus on for the coming week.
-This includes actions in my Waiting context, which is On Hold, that I want to make sure I pay attention to during the week, or that will probably become active sometime during the week (but don't have a definite start date)
-During the week I work from the Flagged perspective in contexts mode - so I can see both the active and on-hold actions I've flagged for that week.

So what I'm wondering is, let's say I have an action that has a start date of Wednesday and I've flagged it. I'd like to create a perspective where this action doesn't show up until Wednesday.

In the default Flagged perspective, this action will show, regardless of its due date.

Using Flagged + changing the Status Filter to show Available hides this action until Wednesday, but also hides the On-Hold actions which I want to keep visible.

I suppose I could just change my Waiting context to be active instead of On-Hold, and the use Flagged with the Available filter to acomplish what I want. But I really want to keep the visual functionality of having the Waiting items grayed out.

Any thoughts? Not sure I'm explaining what I want with fully clarity, so let me know if more explanation is needed.

Using the 1.8 sneaky peek, group by start date, show all remaining actions, show flagged actions, close the group(s) for future start dates and save as a perspective...