The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mozilla < 1.3 Beta is not supported! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi guys,

this is my first post to the forums and I hope that someone can explain what this message means:

Mozilla < 1.3 Beta is not supported!
I'll try, though, but it might not work.

This message came, when I tried to change an entry in a serendipity weblog.

When using Firefox there is no problem.

Can I change something to make it happen no longer?

Best regards from germany, Chris

System: OS X 10.4.6

Last edited by Mumpitz; 2006-09-26 at 11:38 AM..

In your site prefs, under "other" try changing the "Identify to web..." to Firefox and see if that does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
In your site prefs, under "other" try changing the "Identify to web..." to Firefox and see if that does it.
Hi Forrest,

thanks for that hint. I have got the german localisation. Where do I find the site prefs???

In preferences I don't find any Firefox-stuff mentioned.

Best, Matze

It is the menu item "Webseiten-Einstellung" (Command-Option-Comma) right below preferences ("Einstellung") in the Application menu. You will need to have a browser open to the site in question and then a new section will show on the bottom of the window. Go to the "Andere" tab and modify the "Gegenüber Servern und Skripten ausgeben als:" to use Firefox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
It is the menu item "Webseiten-Einstellung" (Command-Option-Comma) right below preferences ("Einstellung") in the Application menu. You will need to have a browser open to the site in question and then a new section will show on the bottom of the window. Go to the "Andere" tab and modify the "Gegenüber Servern und Skripten ausgeben als:" to use Firefox.
Hello and thank you for this!

I did what you have suggested, but the Mozilla related warning is the same, when posting to the serendipity blog.

Any other suggestions?

Best, Chris

Perhaps the post of the message actually uses a url on a different "site".

You could see what is actually being sent by opening up the Error Log and checking "Show http requests" (Fenster->Fehlerprotokoll, "HTTP-Anfrage zeigen"). You can then verify if you are correctly spoofing Firefox or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Perhaps the post of the message actually uses a url on a different "site".

You could see what is actually being sent by opening up the Error Log and checking "Show http requests" (Fenster->Fehlerprotokoll, "HTTP-Anfrage zeigen"). You can then verify if you are correctly spoofing Firefox or not.
Dear Len,

this ist what the Fehlerprotokoll says:

> [adminModule]=entries&serendipity[adminAction]=edit&serendipity[id]=7

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-US) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko, Safari/420) OmniWeb/v607

So OmniWeb is spoofing Safari?

I have changed the settings to firefox again, but it still behaves as described.

Regards, Chris

Did you tried IE 6 (Windows) as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
Did you tried IE 6 (Windows) as well?
Hooray, Forrest. That works!

Thanks a lot!

Best regards, Christ