The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Splitting effort for a single resource Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm trying to create a plan that involves people dedicating a percentage of their time each week to a couple of different tasks that run in parallel. The start/finish dates are not identical for the two tasks so one will finish before the other. Now, how can I get these resources to dedicate 100% of their time on the remaining task instead of the allocated percentage that's required when both are running?

It's nice that OP tells me when a resource is over/under utilised but why I can't I maximise resource usage across several things??

Surely I'm not the only person with this problem??
Are there at least any plans to fix this in an upcoming release or am I wasting my time?

We have a feature request for the ability to split a task into multiple segments. I'm thinking this might also allow you to modify the effort allocation as well, since each task split could have it's own independent setting for resource allocations.

Would this work for what you're trying to do?