The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus for Dummies Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everyone, first post here, been lurking for awhile.

Reading the threads here for the past month or so, I do tend to see the same questions come up several times, and it seems that OF can have a bit of a steep initial learning curve when faced with a new file.

Which got me thinking, along with the videos, is there a plan for some sort of written quick-start guide?

I could easily see "OmniFocus for Dummies" by Ethan Schoonover and Merlin Mann (with an introduction by David Allen) as a Best Seller if it was published, but even an online PDF version would be useful, and save these forums getting even more swamped with repeated queries and requests.

As we get closer to 1.0 release, what plans are there for the documentation?

I don't know for certain, but I'll guess the documentation will be similar to what we provide for our other applications. A quick-start guide, a more detailed guide with a few paragraphs about each toolbar button and inspector, and a keyboard shortcut reference document. And of course, if those don't answer your questions, our ninjas are just an email away. (I know lately they've been seriously backlogged, but we are working to get response times back down to just a couple days.)

Ah yes, I had to re-visit the Extras and Support pages under OmniOutliner to remind myself of the sort of stuff still missing from the OmniFocus page.

I am looking forward to that.

(You must admit the theoretical book I described would be a cool thing to see though!)

And here I posted a pdf version that you can print of the current version of the Help files.
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=6060

Not exactly what you want, but maybe it will help.