The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

plain text export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
the plain text export works rather well *except* that column widths seem to be arbitrary. I have a few summary columns for each row with only a few characters max, but somehow the width of the exported column is about 40 characters ... is there, perhaps, a hidden attribute that can change this behavior?

At the very least, columns should be no wider than the worst case entry plus the existing pref->text>space between columns value.

If you go to File -> Page Setup -> Settings: OmniOutliner -> Columns tab you can adjust the width for each column.

Wow! Those are settings that I never knew existed! is this a normal OS X thing to put export settings in the Page Setup? Maybe I should start paying attention to that dialog for more that the normal page size/orientation settings.