The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Password Reset Needed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I bought an iPhone from a coworker who used OmniFocus. I would like to install OF on this same phone for my account. However, OF iPhone setup will not allow me to install my password. It keeps using the password from my co-worker.

I do not want to reset my phone because it has a special setup. Is there way to reset the password for OF on my iPhone?

Remove OmniFocus from the phone by unchecking it in the Applications section of your iPhone pane in iTunes when you have the phone connected (then synch it to remove OmniFocus). Then re-install it again by re-checking OmniFocus and synching again. This will be the equivalent of re-installing OmniFocus anew (so you will be able to set it up as if it had never been installed previously).

Thanks for your suggestion but this doesn't work. I removed the app when I purchased the new OmniFocus 1.1.4 last Friday. I removed all of the previous owners Applications and purchased new ones. I then tried removing the app again this morning. I have also tried to make a new database but I cannot get OF to ask me for my password. It keeps using the previous owners password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needsomehelp View Post
I bought an iPhone from a coworker who used OmniFocus. I would like to install OF on this same phone for my account. However, OF iPhone setup will not allow me to install my password. It keeps using the password from my co-worker.
The only password OmniFocus itself knows about is the one you enter when syncing OmniFocus with a server. You can reset this password using the Reset OmniFocus Keychain page.

Does that help, or are you talking about some other password?

Yes, that is the password on my iPhone that needed to be reset. Once I ran your html link in my iPhone's Safari browser then I could setup the account as normal and everything worked.

Thanks for your informed reply.