The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus for Mac 1.9.3 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some of you may have noticed that OmniFocus for Mac got a minor update yesterday on our website. The Mac App Store edition should be along soon.

The primary feature in this release is the ability to go full-screen in that new-fangled Lion sort of way. We'd like to redesign more specifically for full-screen someday, but we didn't want you to have to wait for that.

As always, please contact us if you have any questions. omnifocus@omnigroup.com or 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152

Full release notes follow:

OmniFocus 1.9.3 for Mac includes support for full-screen mode when running on OS X Lion.

OS X Lion

• Added support for full-screen mode when running on OS X Lion.
• Fixed a bug where Quick Entry failed to appear if the first invocation was in a full-screen application.
• Fixed a bug which where Project and Context smart match completions were not visible in full-screen mode on OS X Lion.
• Fixed a crash which occurred when Clip-o-tron installer encountered an error.

Miscellaneous

• Update the schema to support enhanced location awareness in upcoming iOS releases.
• Fixed a bug where setting the keyboard shortcut for the clipping service would sporadically fail.
• Fixed a bug where the Subscribe in iCal button was not enabled for Omni Sync Server users whose accounts reside on one of the alternate sync servers.
• Fixed a regression parsing some dates in certain locales.

Looks beautiful, thanks! One question: All the other full-screen enabled apps seem to use control+command+F to enter and exit full screen, but this didn't work for me with 1.9.3. Is there an alternate shortcut, or perhaps a setting I've overlooked?

Thanks!

That was the first thing I noticed as well.

I similarly noticed the lack of Control-Shift-F ability to exit full screen. Also, there seems to be a bug where occasionally when I complete a task in full screen mode, it kind of half exits full screen mode. By this I mean that the menu bar comes back, the application moves back to my primary desktop space, and the borders/edges of OmniFocus become visible. I do not, however, get back the close/minimize/restore buttons, so I have to manually go to View > Exit Full Screen to use my other apps on the main desktop. Not a huge deal, but a little irritating.

Edit: I quit and reopened the application, which seems to solve this at least temporarily. I guess the point is that Full Screen Mode doesn't seem fully baked in this version.

Last edited by jpmartin; 2011-09-05 at 01:15 PM..

Just thought I'd pass this along too...when in full-screen mode and activating mission control the small omnifocus window at the top representing a space or desktop has blue ends around the toolbar part of the window. just try it and you will see what i mean. it's not really a big deal other than it would look better if the toolbar appeared normally like in other apps such as safari...

rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmartin View Post
Also, there seems to be a bug where occasionally when I complete a task in full screen mode, it kind of half exits full screen mode. By this I mean that the menu bar comes back, the application moves back to my primary desktop space, and the borders/edges of OmniFocus become visible........ Not a huge deal, but a little irritating.
I think its really irritating! Omnifocus is all about productivity, but this wil not help me work faster...

Please fix!! Thx!

[Further is omnifocus the best!!]

Quote:
...there seems to be a bug where occasionally when I complete a task in full screen mode, it kind of half exits full screen mode. By this I mean that the menu bar comes back, the application moves back to my primary desktop space, and the borders/edges of OmniFocus become visible. I do not, however, get back the close/minimize/restore buttons, so I have to manually go to View > Exit Full Screen to use my other apps on the main desktop. Not a huge deal, but a little irritating.
Huh, I've never seen this happen. I wonder what's causing it. Anything special about your setup, like multiple monitors or something?

Quote:
Edit: I quit and reopened the application, which seems to solve this at least temporarily. I guess the point is that Full Screen Mode doesn't seem fully baked in this version.
Yeah, we thought basic Full Screen support would be more useful than none at all. We are thinking about how to make it better, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Huh, I've never seen this happen. I wonder what's causing it. Anything special about your setup, like multiple monitors or something?

Yeah, we thought basic Full Screen support would be more useful than none at all. We are thinking about how to make it better, though.
I just got the same strange Full Screen behavior, where it half exits mode and slips into first desktop space. Quit Omnifocus and reopened, entered one task, and it did it again. I have a total of six other apps in Full Screen mode open.

I am having the same "half exit of fullscreen" issue.

I was never having this problem until I started using themes. I have returned to my original settings via a saved theme and am still having the problem.

Is it possible the redraw mechanism for themed instances of OF is causing the dump of fullscreen?