The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Set the title for Export to Simple HTML Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've started using File > Export > Simple HTML to publish a task list for each of my clients.

My previous technique was to export to OmniOutliner, apply some formatting, and export to HTML. Exporting directly from OmniFocus provides more information in a prettier format, but there's one thing I miss from OmniOutliner - setting the browser title for the generated page.

The OmniFocus page title is not client-friendly, e.g., "Perspective: Web Export" is not a meaningful bookmark name.

Is there some way to replace the OmniFocus title (e.g., "Remaining Tasks") or, even better, generate a page-specific title (e.g., "[foldername] Tasks")? I picked the folder name because I have a separate folder for each client.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Easily done in script. See Ken Case's post on the OF Extras forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew
Easily done in script. See Ken Case's post on the OF Extras forum.
I took a look at Ken's script. It appears straightforward if I create the export file in a fixed destination folder. In my case, I'm using Export's Save dialog to target a client-specific folder. When I have time to experiment, I look into an AppleScript solution.

What I'm really hoping for is some hidden OmniFocus configuration parameter I can customize.

tell application "OmniFocus" to tell default document
set savePath to choose file name with prompt "Where shall I save this stuff?"
save in savePath as "HTML"
end tell

(with a little help from p.365 of Matt Neuberg's AppleScript:The Definitive Guide)