The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Difference between "modes" and project and context perspectives Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me understand something. I've tried the User Guide, and other threads in the forums, and I am still unable to find a good explanation.

Currently, in my toolbar I have a "mode" selector which can be "Planning", or "Context". I also have buttons marked "Projects" and "Contexts' (which switch to the projects and contexts perspectives respectively). I guess I don't understand the difference between the "mode" and the "perspective".

When I select the "Planning mode", it seems to do something very similar to selecting the "Project perspective", and when I select the "Context mode", it seems similar to the "Context perspective".

I do understand "Projects", and "Contexts", and "Perspectives", so it's not that I need an explanation of those things. What I don't understand is the difference between "mode" and "perspective", and why there is a need for both concepts.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure it must be confusing other people.

thanks.