The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Audio Recording Maximum Length? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know what the total possible length (of time) is for recording an audio attachment? (I could test this on my own, but I'm wondering if someone else out there has already do it and could quickly give me the answer).

Thanks!

The longest one I've done is almost 37 minutes, at 25.8 MB. The subsequent sync took a while :)

My expectation is that if there is a maximum length, it is determined by a number of factors that may be different for each user, and not by something straightforward like "we allocate a fixed 30 MB buffer for sound recording, so that's as big as you can go." I can't think of any other cases in Omni apps I've used where the limit is anything but a function of how much memory is available, and the user's patience.