The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

FogBugz integration via Applescript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We use FogBugz to track defects and feature requests, and I've been using a simple notation to designate tasks with FogBugz cases. I prepend the action with a bracketed case number, thusly: "[1234] Add a whatzit to the thingamabob."

I finally sat down and properly scripted the integration. If you use FogBugz (or a similar web-based application that stores records as a numeric key that can be passed through the querystring), uncompress and drop the attached script into ~/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus/. Then, customize the toolbar in OmniFocus and drag the script to the toolbar.

Select a task without an attached case, and it will attempt to grab the case number from the frontmost Safari window. It then asks you to confirm the case number, and prepends the action name with the proper notation.

Select a task with an attached case, and it will simply open it in Safari.

This sort of scripting will be far easier and elegant when metadata is added to tasks. Ken, any idea when we can expect this functionality?

Enjoy! -d.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FogBugz.scpt.zip (31.6 KB, 363 views)

Thanks for your script! I've updated the script for the latest interface of fogbugz and OmniFocus.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FogBugz.scpt.zip (32.8 KB, 356 views)