The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCloud-iCal sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying out OmniPlan v2.1 on a 14 day trial. I have a copy of OmniPlan v1.x, but I never used it much because it didn't integrate well with the rest of the software that I was using.

Today I am using Lion iCal with Exchange and iCloud. My tasks are contained on the Exchange server tasks folder and iCloud Reminders (multiple reminders lists).

I can't get OmniPlan to talk to these via iCal.

What am I doing wrong?

I'd like to be able to use OmniPlan to generate a moving personal project track that tackles everything in my daily battle. OmniFocus is great, but it doesn't really show things in motion. In other words, I cannot open it up one day and have it tell me what I need to do for that day to push things forward.

Ideas?

Bump... sadly, my trial license expired and I never did figure this out :(

Contact Omni support by phone or email. They can both extend your trial and help you figure out what is going wrong.

Well, I contacted Omni support and they chose not to respond. Sigh.

Sorry for the trouble here, Vermyndax! Can you either send an email to support@omnigroup.com with "Attn: Brian" in the subject line, or can you send me a private message here on the forums letting me know which email address your original message was sent from?

We searched our trouble ticket system for messages from the same address your forum account is associated with, but we can't find any sent more recently than February. Since your original post is in May, it looks like the email was either sent from some other address or it never reached us.

Thanks, Brian. Just reforwarded the message to your attention.

Thanks for re-forwarding the email! I'm not sure what happened to the original copy - there are several other tickets from your email address in our system, but the one you re-sent isn't one of them.

I'll follow up with the sysadmins here to see if we can learn anything from the mail server logs; in the meantime, the OmniPlan support team will get an answer for your ticket in the next 24h. Thanks for helping us get this sorted out for you.

One clue that'll help us track down what happened here - do you know if our trouble ticket system responded to the original copy of the mail you sent? If so, do you have the ticket number that it assigned the original copy?

I too have an iCloud/Calendar question. When I publish/sync my project from OP to Calendar via iCloud, the tasks which have taken a week (but within normal working hours of 8am-7pm) it shows on the calendar as one event which runs all day/all night. Why does it not follow the time restrictions from the OmniPlan resource?

It would appear to me that OmniPlan Project Subscriptions does not yet support task lists on Reminders. I'm hoping that maybe I'm doing something wrong? :)

The closest I can find to Reminders Sync in the Configure Publishing and Subscriptions dialogue is Sync tasks to/from iCal Events. The list of "calendars" is actually the list of task lists from Reminders, but the error when attempting to publish is "The [name of list] calendar does not support events."

Any help that can be provided would be most appreciated!

Thanks so much!