The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drag sort projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Why can't I drag sort projects in the main window? It appears I have to use the sidebar to sort them. Is that correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammonro View Post
Why can't I drag sort projects in the main window? It appears I have to use the sidebar to sort them.
Project order in the contents panel is determined by the Sort setting in the View Bar. Even if you were able to do any manual sorting there your efforts would be lost as soon as the View Bar setting was changed ...

You can sort the projects in the outline pane by dragging and dropping, but the dropping has to take place in the sidebar. You only have to go about half an inch in from the right side of the sidebar/left side of the outline.

Personally, I find this more reliable than dragging entire projects around in the outline because there is no potential for accidentally dropping it in an existing project and creating an action group.

Thanks guys! Those explanations make a lot of sense. Still trying to get up to speed with all the ins and outs of the software.