The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CSV Export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Been trying out OmniPlan... pretty cool! However it would be nice if Omni had included a Demo Project that we could open and check out to really see what's possible. But that's not why I am writing.

Are there limitations with what and how much information can be exported in a CSV file?

As opposed to an XML or other file?

When I export a CSV file it looks like it doesn't fill many of the fields, including the "percentage done" field. And in this particular project I have marked a few jobs as 100% or 50% done.

I would really like to be able to export as much information as possible into our company database as a way to keep track of employees progress on their projects.

If you're having trouble with a specific file and you're willing to share the contents, please send it to omniplan@omnigroup.com. Tell us what's not working for you and we'll try to fix it.

OK... I see those values now. I am viewing the CSV file in a text editor and the values for percentage complete weren't obvious.

I do have another question:

Is it possible to export the resource information in CSV format? Is that info avasilable in any of the export formats?

Thanks again.

Dan